Friday, August 15, 2014

Jordan's 10th and Other Happenings

So yeah, my little pita pocket turned 10 this week.  I looked through photo albums, got misty-eyed. Thanked the Lord for blessing us with this amazing little person for a decade.  And then I had some cake.

But before that, we had a few other happenings...

Megan donated her hair to Locks of Love again.  She is so happy to have a lighter mane for a while!


My boy convinced me to take him to the beach for some kite flying on a windy day this week.  It was SO WINDY!  We all got our legs sandblasted.

So windy!

Meg and Jackson spotted this Banded Alder Borer.  It was huge!  

These are the Aster seeds that Jordan planted in March.  They are gorgeous!

It's a ruff life.  Get it--ruff?

Spaghetti squash from the garden!  We'll have it with red sauce next week, Lord willing.

Jackson started learning programming from Khan Academy.  He is hoping to get enough knowledge tucked away to be able to create Minecraft mods in the near future.  He is also doing jobs, trying to earn enough money to purchase Minecraft.

Last Sunday's hike to Natural Bridge.  We actually started at the trail before Natural Bridge and hiked through and past, but I don't know the names of those others.

The views were outstanding.  I know that could be said of all views on the coast, but there were a few corners that we came around and said, "Whoa" because of how gorgeous it was.  
*If any of you decide to do this hike, wear long pants!  The first leg of it is not often traveled, and the brush hangs over into the trail.  I must have walked through some poison oak or something and now have two nice welts that are burning their way across my shin.


Who needs roses when you've got a boy to bring you wild bouquets?

We were all tired and it was a long and tricky hike.  On the way back, someone's feet started getting a bit achy, so I sang "Roar" to her--pep song serenade!

This was her response.  Didn't have the eye of the tiger that day, I guess.

She's been counting down the days to 10, and the day finally came!


After picking up a friend, we went to Slugs 'N Stones for a sweet treat in the afternoon.

And later came back home for dinner, cake, and Rio 2.  Then the girls spent the evening drawing with Jordan's new supplies.  We all had a great day.

Here are a few more birthday pictures...









1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful family! Such big smiles. I'm trying to improve my photography skills and so love looking at other people's photos. I really enjoyed looking at yours. You have captured so many happy moments. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete